http://yk-coaching.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/heart-1920x500web.jpg 500 1920 Yuki Konno http://yk-coaching.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/YK-Coaching-Logo-300x203.png Yuki Konno2016-09-16 23:23:072018-05-30 23:23:24Are You Sensitive?
According to Psychology Today, about 20% of people have a very sensitive personality. Interestingly, it is not the acquired characteristic but the inherited one. These people are called as Highly Sensitive Persons (HSPs). I met an HSP (of course, I didn’t know about his sensitivity) and became close to him. The more I know him, the more I questioned like these: Why is he so sensitive? Why is his body so sensitive to food? (He has irritable bowel syndrome) Why does he get a headache, migraine, allergy, etc. frequently? Why does he get so irritated by small things? Why does he accumulate stress so quickly? Why is he negative? Have you felt like above to someone? Do you think many people ask you those questions above? Do you want to know you or s/he is a highly sensitive person? Here is a test (I think many people can get high score in this test, that means HSP) By the way, it’s nothing wrong to be an HSP. It’s a type of personality. Knowledge is power. If you can build a good relationship with a person who you think difficult, wouldn’t it be nice? You might feel frustrated about their sensitivity sometimes. But HSPs have a lot of good traits you would like and respect. Let’s find out!
What are Highly Sensitive Persons’ Habits?An article from The Huffington Post says HSPs have some common behavior patterns and experiences. Those are:
- HSPs consider things more deeply and try to understand its core.
- HSPs more emotionally attach to people and events. They have more empathy and concern for their friends and family.
- HSPs are often told “Why are you so sensitive?” and “Don’t take things personally.”
- HSPs prefer to excise alone. They have a tendency not to join team sports or gyms. They prefer to enjoy individual sports such as bicycling and hiking.
- HSPs need more time to make a decision. They are very detail oriented and try to compare every possible outcome.
- HSPs become more upset than others when they make wrong or bad decisions.
- HSPs are more likely to have depression and anxiety.
- HSPs are noise sensitive.
- HSPs are well mannered. They are very conscientious how to behave. They have a high standard of manner.
- HSPs are very sensitive to criticism.